Updated: Nov 20, 2018
Planning a wedding can be stressful, but it doesn't have to be! We've compiled a list of things to do after you get engaged! Hopefully it'll help you out in planning the most important party you'll ever have to plan!
10 things to do when you get engaged
First get a manicure: You'll be showing off that ring 24/7, so keep your nails looking their best!
Tell Everyone: And we're not talking just social media. Make a point to visit or call your nearest and dearest to give them to news asap!
3. Celebrate it! Before you dive head first into wedding planning, treat yourself to a fancy dinner, a weekend getaway, or a romantic staycation. This moment is all about you and your new fiance, take a day or two to really celebrate each other.
4. Book an engagement photography session: You can either already know where you want your engagement photos done, or you could be up for anything. Either way is okay. Now is the best time to schedule a session with James and Melissa Photography. You can follow us on Instagram, and don't forget to visit our blog for wedding photo inspiration!
5. Be Inspired: There's Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, and a plethora of blogs and magazines bursting full of wedding inspiration. Best way to figuring out what style you're going for is to just start looking around. You'll start to realize that you gravitate more towards a particular style and that'll help greatly with planning your day.
6. Visualize your day: Now that you've been knee deep in Instagram and Pinterest you probably have a good idea in what you want your wedding day to look like. This is when you start thinking about budget, guest count, venue, and date.
7. Book your favorite vendors: Although we're flattered when our clients base their wedding date upon our availability, we know and understand that venues are limited, and we encourage our clients to book their venue first and photographer second. Once you have the key parts locked in (like the date!) it's time to book caterers, event rentals, schedule your HMUA, and any other vendors that will help you realize your vision of your wedding.
8. Bridal Party: Now that you've decided if you want a small intimate gathering, a loud crowd, or somewhere in between, this is when you decide who you want to stand with you on your day. Hot Tip! Pinterest is BURSTING with awesome ways to 'pop the question' to your besties!
9. The Dress: With your bridesmaids by your side it's time for trying on dresses, or perhaps suits are your style. Whatever you visualize yourself wearing on your day now is the time to make an appointment to go try on outfits! This is one of the most exciting times, and it's always great to have loved ones with you when you're saying yes to your dress!
10. Go ring shopping: Is it feeling real yet? At this point the excitement should be electrifying! Take your spouse-to-be to choose wedding bands. It's almost official!
Worried that your wedding won't run on time? Honestly, it most likely won't. Head on over to Why Weddings Run Late: Part One to see the common reasons why weddings run late, and how to keep it from happening on your day!